So we start from scratch. Assume that at the beginning we can add 20 images per month. So we have 20 pictures published and accepted in our protfolio. Everything now depends on how they like the community, photos, and more specifically the buyer.
Defines a very simple parameter, namely the number of downloads pictures in a month. (Abbreviated to DL`s / M - Downloads Per Month) This ratio determines the success or the flap of our newly added photographs. I think that for someone who starts his adventure with photography photos score above 10 DL`s / M is a success.
Okay, but how does it compare to earnings? From my current experience has shown that averaging a sold image translates into a 0.8 earned $. So, sold 100 photographs give us $ 80. On www.istockphoto.com is a lot of pictures which DL`s / M exceeds the value 100
Friday, January 28, 2011
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Recently I've been researching Nikon lenses. I'm a Canon user, but some of my friends always try to persuade me to check out Nikon. I don't think I will, but must admit they do have some good stuff. I mean once you're chosen your brand it's rather hard to change (not that I really want to!). But say I did want to chnage to Nikon, I'd have to sell all of my Canon gear and buy everything from a scratch. That's why it's so important for those companies to attract beginner photographers and automatically make them loyal customers.
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Camera obscura, also known as pinhole camera, is nothing more than a cubic box with a hole on one side and the other screens available. The walls are painted from the inside in black. This reduces reflections. In this box, on the one hand, it is a small hole through which light enters. On the opposite side is a dull fast, which shows scaled down and inverted image.
Monday, January 10, 2011
The pinhole photography technique has has some interesting features, which can be used in wedding photography.
1. Focus from zero to infinity, eg wedding photos, the photographer can be in the foreground sharp, huge rings and many more equally sharp.
2. Spy character: the camera can be made of boxes of matches, beer cans, or almost anything and placed anywhere.
3. Very wide angle and lack of distortion, as in the fish eye.
4. Long time exposure pictures of wedding photography can be used as an advantage. For example in a busy and crowded urban landscape. With only the newlyweds and the buildings not moving.
5. Sooft images perfect for wedding photography.
6. Fashionable and abused in wedding photography image vignetting comes free with a pinhole camera.